What I Speak About Videos Images & Bio What Others Say Schedule Contact
I speak on topics related to the role of the chief marketing officer, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, and how to become an industry influencer.
I typically give keynotes but also deliver workshops and participate on panels.
Favorite topics include:
The 7 Systems of Influence
How did the most influential people throughout history become that way? Was it luck, or skill?
In his talk, Josh Steimle, author of The 7 Systems of Influence, presents research to show that while being in the right place at the right time may be helpful, highly influential people rely upon systems to generate enduring, positive influence. Once you learn about these systems they will change the way you view the world and your role in it, and will lead to changes in your personal and professional lives.
- Explore The 7 Systems of Influence; vision, genius zone, audience, content, action, collaboration, and love.
- See how the most influential people the world has known have used these systems of influence.
- Learn how to implement The 7 Systems of Influence to lead others and make a lasting impact.
Developing Thought Leadership Through LinkedIn
With 600 million users, LinkedIn is the largest professional social network in the world. 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as a content distribution channel, and 91% of marketing executives list LinkedIn as the top place to find quality content. And yet many executives, entrepreneurs, and working professionals view LinkedIn as nothing more than an online resume database and a good place to look for a new job. While LinkedIn is a great place to source top talent and find new career opportunities, the big opportunity for businesses is to use the platform to form partnerships and make deals.
Although 250 million users log onto LinkedIn each month, only 3 million users share content weekly. This presents a prime opportunity for those executives who engage in thought leadership to establish themselves as the experts in their industry.
In his presentation, Josh Steimle, author of 60 Days to LinkedIn Mastery, shares how, despite writing for Forbes, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, and other business publications, he was able to get higher levels of engagement publishing content on LinkedIn. Steimle’s posts have been seen by millions and have led to coverage in major media outlets, access to partnerships, and revenue growth for his businesses. He shares his most valuable tips on how executives, marketing and sales teams, entrepreneurs, and other working professionals can optimize their LinkedIn profiles, make meaningful connections, and create compelling content that gets real results.
- Explore recent changes to LinkedIn and how they open the door to new marketing opportunities.
- Learn how executives and entrepreneurs are using LinkedIn to reach new customers.
- Top 10 quick and easy tips to achieve LinkedIn mastery.
Every Executive a Thought Leader
People do business with people they know, like, and trust. Given the choice, virtually all consumers, whether B2B or B2C, prefer to do business with companies associated with a happy, smiling face whose name they know. Richard Branson, Elon Musk, and Oprah may be some of the most well-known examples, but an executive doesn’t need outsized fame to get a positive ROI from thought leadership–you can start small and reap immediate results.
In his presentation, Josh Steimle, founder of the global marketing agency MWI, shares how articles he wrote for Forbes and other business publications led to a TEDx talk, a book deal, and saved his business from the brink of bankruptcy, generated millions in revenue, and allowed his company to open offices around the world. He then details how any executive, even with limited time, can engage in thought leadership starting today, and grow his or her business.
- Learn the difference between a personal brand and a “powerful” personal brand that generates tangible results.
- Explore The 7 Systems of Influence and how you can use them to build a powerful personal brand.
- See how to leverage limited time to engage in the most powerful forms of thought leadership to get outsized results and learn how Josh generated over $5M in revenue from a single article.
PR Secrets: How to Get Featured in Top Business Magazines
Every day thousands of PR agencies send out tens of thousands of press releases and pitches to the business media. The vast majority won’t just be rejected–they won’t even get read.
As a writer for Forbes, Fortune, Mashable, TechCrunch, Fast Company, and two dozen other business publications, Josh Steimle was a big target for PR agencies and in-house PR departments and often received hundreds of pitches each month. Through his own experiences and interviews with other writers, Josh analyzed what pitches worked and which didn’t, and how he learned the art and science of the PR pitch.
In his presentation, Josh shares his top secrets and explains why PR experts fail to get the results they promise, how to hire PR agencies and experts who will deliver, or how to do your own PR.
- See when it makes sense to do PR in-house vs. outsourcing to an agency or expert.
- Explore how PR has changed from sending out press releases and how social media, content marketing, and thought leadership can generate outsized returns.
- Learn The 7 Systems of Influence and how to implement them for sustained positive PR success.
The Art of the Contributor
In 2013, Josh Steimle’s marketing agency was on the brink of bankruptcy when he was invited to contribute articles in a weekly column to Forbes. Over the next three years Steimle would pen 164 articles for Forbes, and hundreds more for more than two dozen publications including TechCrunch, Mashable, Fortune, TIME, Fast Company, and Entrepreneur. Those articles led to a TEDx talk, a book deal, an invitation to hang out with Richard Branson on his private island for a week, and generated millions in revenue for his agency, allowing his company to open offices around the world.
In his presentation Steimle shares a 9-point roadmap detailing what it takes to become a contributor to major business publications, and how to ethically leverage your media platform to build a powerful personal brand and grow your business.
- Learn why most attempts to write for large business publications fail due to lack of preparation.
- Explore how to build a personal brand that makes it easy for publishers to say “Yes” to your pitch to contribute articles.
- Learn how to use The 7 Systems of Influence to choose the right publication and produce the right content to get real results.
The CMO and the Skateboarder: How Top Marketers Harness Persistence, Progression, and Creativity
Josh Steimle interviewed 30 chief marketing officers from companies like GE, PayPal, Spotify, The Home Depot, and Target to write his book Chief Marketing Officers at Work, which was named by Success Magazine as one of the Top 5 Business Books of 2016.
Steimle is also a life-long skateboarder with the broken arms and twisted ankles to prove it. In his presentation, Steimle compares the often brutally short-tenured lifespan of the CMO to life as a skateboarder and weaves lessons back and forth to show how both CMOs and skateboarders succeed when they bring passion, progression, and creativity to their roles.
- Explore how chief marketing officers from leading corporations, nonprofits, government entities, and startups got to where they are today, what their job entails, and the skills they use to thrive in the CMO role.
- Learn what key trait extends CMO tenure by over 60%.
- Find out how top marketing executives adapt to changes impacting their jobs in the areas of technology, language, and culture.
- See how the CMO works in an environment of ever-increasing collaboration where the roles of CEO, CTO, COO, and CMO are blurring.
- Learn how the CMO role is now dominated by data rather than gut decisions, and why the top CMOs still listen to their gut.
As part of my presentations I often share my story of growing my digital marketing agency from a one-man show bringing in less than $10,000 per month to a multi-million dollar, global operation, through content marketing and thought leadership.
I love doing Q&A after my presentations, where possible.
Want to check my availability or discuss your event further to see if there’s a great match?