By no means is this list inclusive, but if you don’t want to read 100 things I’ve learned then we better stop at 10.
1. Personality-wise, there are givers and there are takers. Know the difference, be a giver, and work with givers.
2. There are owners and there are employees. Know the difference.
3. Hire the right person, at the right time, and put them in the right situation.
4. If you don’t trust someone, then don’t trust them in an important business deal when they say they’ll do something. Get it in writing.
5. If you don’t trust someone, don’t trust them in an important business deal even if they put something in writing. Assume they’re going to rip you off and behave accordingly.
6. Don’t do important business deals with people you don’t trust.
7. Business books are useful. Don’t assume that the business books can’t teach you anything. For example, one book taught me to treat people as people, not as objects and that has made a world of difference in my business.
8. When starting a business, ask for advice, not money.
9. Self-confidence is everything. “All you need in this life is ignorance and self-confidence; then success is sure.” – Mark Twain.
10. “You must do what you feel is right, of course.” – Obi-WanLiked it? Share it!