I started my marketing agency MWI in 1999 and stumbled my way forward until 2013 when I almost went out of business.
Only then did I begin to build my personal brand and engage in thought leadership, reluctantly at first, but with more enthusiasm as I realized it was a great vehicle to serve others while also growing my business.
Today, I’ve written or appeared in over 300 articles in over two dozen publications like Fortune, Forbes, Time, Inc., Fast Company, TechCrunch, and Mashable. I’ve appeared on national and international TV, national radio shows, and over 80 podcasts. I’ve received multiple book deals, delivered a TEDx talk, and been paid to speak around the world.
I can track over $10M in revenue directly to my thought leadership, which is just a fancy-sounding term for sharing what you know. By giving away my best business secrets I was selling without selling, helping people get the information they needed and building relationships of trust that led them to want to hire my agency.
Now I coach entrepreneurs and executives to do what I did in masterminds where we learn together how to grow our personal brands, engage in thought leadership, serve our ideal audiences, and make a giant impact in the world.
You, me, and up to ten successful entrepreneurs and executives like you who are givers, have a growth mindset, are ready to make a difference in the world, and who own businesses earning at least $1M in annual revenue.
Some of our current group members are:
- Stacy – Raised over $8B for investment fund clients.
- Brad – Former #2 HR executive for a global firm with 200,000 employees.
- Andy – HBS graduate and founder of a $10M company in the solar industry.
Everyone is welcome, as long as you are ready to:
- Dream big–this is about changing the game, not making incremental progress. We will challenge you and you will be uncomfortable.
- Dig deep, see yourself as you truly are, and make changes.
- Build long-term success and not get rich quick schemes.
- Serve others.
- Commit to your goals.
- Write, speak, film, and produce compelling content.
Online via Zoom video call. You can attend from anywhere in the world.
The third Thursday of every month (excluding major holidays) from 10 am to 12:00 noon Eastern (that’s New York time).
“Hey Josh, what if I can’t attend?”
No worries! We record every mastermind so you can catch up later.
But wait, there’s a bunch more!
If we did nothing else but hang out once a month during the mastermind, you’d leave each one saying “That was amazing! More than worth it, I can’t wait to do it again!” But you’re going to walk away with so much more than that!
In addition to the monthly mastermind, you get:
- Private Online Group. 24/7 access to an exclusive online group where everyone’s asking questions, answering questions, networking, asking for help, getting help, building business relationships, and more.
- Peer coaching. Every two months you get matched with two different members of the group for peer coaching. You’ll get coached by one member on a call, and you’ll have the opportunity to coach the other on a separate call. This has been one of the most valuable aspects of the mastermind.
- One-on-one coaching. I or my mastermind partner, Jess Larsen, a professional executive coach, will call you each month. Sometimes these calls are brief, sometimes we speak with mastermind members for hours. We often meet with mastermind members in person, as well, as circumstances permit.
- 90-day Influence & Impact Plan. More than a worksheet, this ebook walks you through an in-depth self-audit using The 7 Systems of Influence. You’ll have major breakthroughs as you discover your Core Identity, refine your vision, find your Genius Zone, and identify your ideal audience. You’ll know the exact next steps to make your vision reality. You’ll learn how to build a team, processes, and systems around you to create long-term, positive influence.
Here are some of the testimonials I’ve received:
- “I’m shocked at the value I got from this.” – John
- “This is definitely the kind of thinking I need to be doing.” – Andrea
- “This is the most life-changing call I have had this year.” – Blake
- “It gave me permission to do what I’ve been wanting to do but didn’t think I could.” – Stacy
- “Absolutely great!” – Andy
- “It’s really helpful to realign on things that are in the back of your mind but you don’t realize the full value of what you’ve done, and then seeing the opportunities that come from it.” – Kylie
- “Really good, I’m in for more.” – Brad
- “Great to connect things and think about things as a whole.” – Greg
- “I loved it! It’s really helpful for me to get to the heart of everything I’m trying to do. It’s so helpful to have someone on board who can encourage me and get down to the core of how to execute my plan successfully.” – Scott
- “I’m in awe.” – Walter (this one is a little embarrassing for me to put up, it sounds over the top, but that’s what he said)
This mastermind will not only change the course of your life, but your relationships and your business as you create a plan to take your influence to the next level, inspire and motivate a broader audience, and create real impact.
- Podcast opportunities. I’ve made dozens of introductions between mastermind members and podcast hosts within the past month, alone. I have a publicity friend who charges $1,000 per podcast appearance he secures for his clients, but for this group it’s a free add-on.
- PR. Each year, we offer members multiple opportunities to appear in articles in publications like Forbes, Inc., and Entrepreneur. Each of those placements is worth thousands of dollars.
- Giveaways. My love language is giving books, and in addition to giving books away we’re often giving away Amazon gift cards and other goodies.
That’s just a taste of what we’re throwing into the mix. We also help members secure speaking gigs, get intros to strategic partners, create content, and more.
Are You The Right Fit?
I like working with people who have a track record of success, but I’m even more interested in those who have success in their futures. I look for individuals who are:
- Uncomfortable with self-promotion (yes, you read that right)
- Hard-working and scrappy, with real grit
- Not entitled
- Humble and ready to learn
- Headed for greater things, even if they may have already accomplished great things
One of our members says:
“I’m inspired by other entrepreneurs who are out killing it in their respective industries, who are proving to the world that good people can be successful, and who care about helping others. This is my tribe. I get energy, motivation, enthusiasm and ideas when I’m around these like-minded entrepreneurs. Personally, I’m not inspired by the Grant Cardones and Tony Robbins of the world because they don’t seem real to me. I identify most with good people, who are working hard, making a difference in their companies – who are creating companies where their people can become the best versions of themselves – professionally AND personally. I am inspired by people who help others in meaningful ways, who make an impact in individual lives naturally – who are generous and have an abundance mentality.”
That’s the type of leader I want in these masterminds.
Do you want to become friends with this group of entrepreneurs and executives and have their support as you build your personal brand and share your message with the world?
Then join our members, me, and our expert guests in these masterminds to create your Influence & Impact Plan and build your personal brand, your business, and yourself.