Note: I don’t review substandard books. I read a lot, but I don’t have a lot of time to review books. What I share, I share because it’s the best of the best and I know it will help you in your quest to become an impactful entrepreneur.
- Buy the book >>
- Author Twitter profile
- Author LinkedIn profile
- Rich’s website and newsletter signup (this is where he shared his gold, it’s one of the few newsletters I remain subscribed to and actually read)
- If you’re thinking of becoming any sort of coach (sports, life, executive, etc.) this is the book that teaches you the business side of coaching
- Tags: Coaching, life coaching, executive coaching, entrepreneurship, communication, dreaming big
How to know if this book can help you:
- You have a coaching business
- You want to start a coaching business
- You have a coaching business that isn’t making enough money
I’m not sure why the print and kindle versions are so expensive (at the moment they’re around $50 USD), but the Audible version is just $10, so buy that one. Whatever you do, read it. If I could recommend only one book to any current or aspiring coach, it might be this one. Not only are there great lessons about how to be a better coach, but the authors teach you the business of being a coach who actually makes money.
I know a lot of you out there who get into coaching do it because you want to help people, but if you’re broke and have to go get a 9 to 5 to pay your bills, how much time do you have to help people? On the other hand, if you’re making more money than you know what to do with, and you only have to work 10 hours per week to do it, then you can afford to give a few extra hours to someone who can’t afford it, or you can spend extra time focusing on someone who really needs your help, or you can launch that course or write that book that will get your ideas into the hands of thousands so that your impact can go beyond just those you have time to coach one-on-one.
Then there’s also the matter of who wants to hire a coach who can’t manage their own coaching business? When you thrive in your coaching business you set an example for your clients of what excellence looks like.
Also highly recommended, 37 Ways to Boost Your Coaching Business by Steve Chandler, who co-authored The Prosperous Coach.
Leave a Reply